1-855-378-4228
MENU
Find the Best Rehab Program for Your Needs
1-855-378-4228

Drug and Alcohol Rehab by City

More Cities

Call or email us for help finding a drug rehab program.
1-855-378-4228
Email Us

Nevada

In Nevada, about 25,000 adolescents, 11.7% of all adolescents in the state, per year in 2009-2013 reported using illicit drugs within the month prior to being surveyed. 71,000 individuals aged 12 or older, 3.2% of all individuals in this age group, per year during this same period were dependent on or abused illicit drugs within the year prior to be surveyed. About 54,000 people aged 12-20, 16% of all people in this age group, in the same time frame, reported binge alcohol abuse within the month prior of being surveyed. As you can see, drug abuse and alcoholism is a rising issue in this state of Nevada.

In a single day in the year of 2013, 1,491 people in this state were receiving methadone as part of their substance use treatment, and 75 of those individuals were receiving Buprenorphine. These two substances are just a substitute to opoid dependence and honestly just make things worse. These numbers are drastically increasing year by year and is getting worse. Nevada's form of treatment is extremely low for drug rehab. The percentage of people actually receiving help and going to treatment, 13.2% of all people with illicit drug use or drug dependence received help. That leaves 86.8% of all those individuals who did not receive treatment or rehab and are still involved with drugs. These statistics are similar to the national percentage for just this state alone.

Las Vegas is the biggest problem for drug related issues for the entire state of Nevada. A new study recently done puts the state as the 4th highest for drug overdoses and deaths. On average, there are 21.6 deaths per 100,000 people making drug abuse deaths the leading cause for fatal cause injuries. Right now, Heroin is the biggest issue and is on the rise everyday. Overdoses associated with this powerful substance have more than doubled in the last 10 years and the coroners office in Clark County of Las Vegas states that they're on pace to break another record this year. So far, this year, 36 people have died from overdosing on Heroin in Clark County alone. From the years of 2004-2014, these Heroin overdose deaths have increased 128%. A huge drug epidemic is destroying this state of Nevada and is only getting worse.

Las Vegas is the 28th most populous city in the USA with a population of 583,756 and is most commonly known for gambling, drinking, and taking drugs. This city attracts more than 40 million tourists per year, meaning a lot of traffic, and a lot of drugs. The most popular drugs currently in Vegas and all of Nevada are Marijuana, closely followed by Methamphetamine and Heroin. The most prevalent type of Heroin here is the Mexican black tar Heroin and is smuggled into Nevada by Mexican drug trafficking organizations. This city is a key transshipment hub for significant quantities of these drugs and acts as a stop off point before the drugs are moved around through the rest of state and entire continental US. This is a huge reason why addiction and alcoholism is so prevalent in this state.

606 people went to treatment for smoking cocaine and an additional 187 went for ingesting cocaine by other means in 2010 in Nevada. Also reported, 888 people went to substance abuse treatment for heroin addiction. The largest age demographic entering treatment for heroin dependence was the 21-25 year olds. 69.4% were male and 30.6% were female. There were 1,896 people who entered drug treatment for amphetamines and stimulants in 2010. 47.6% of this population was male and 52.4% were female. Amphetamines are the most commonly cited drug among primary drug treatment admissions

Illicit Drug Use in the Past Month among Persons Aged 12 or Older in Nevada, by Substate Region: Percentages, Annual Averages Based on 2010, 2011, and 2012 NSDUHs (Source: SAMHSA, Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, National Survey on Drug Use and Health)

The last year, for which stats are available, showed that there was a total of 732 deaths caused by drug overdose in 2012, in Nevada.

Nevada State Government Agencies

Drug Abuse Facts

Drug Abuse Information

Copyright © 2007 - 2017 www.drug-abuse.org